Built Tough Crash Rated Barriers in New Jersey
Metro Access Control can provide and install crash rated materials and products for commercial, industrial, and government applications. Our New Jersey Crash Barriers are often used for power plants, chemical plants, and government buildings.
Crash ratings, known in the industry as K-rating, are a Crash Test Certification issued by the DOS (Department of State) to any of these structures that measures the stopping power of barrier in relation the speed and weight of the oncoming vehicle. The K-rating of the barrier is by having a 15,000 pound vehicle impact the barrier from a perpendicular direction.
In order for New Jersey Automated Gates to be DOS certified, the penetration of the vehicle must not be more than 39 inches beyond the inside edge of the barrier.
Some of our crash rated products include:
- Crash rated fences
- Crash rated bollards
- Crash rated gates
- Crash rated barriers
Crash Rating Specifications
- K4: This rating is assigned to barriers which met the crash rating standards with a vehicle traveling at 30 mph.
- K8: This rating is assigned to barriers which met the crash rating standards with a vehicle traveling at 40 mph.
- K12: This rating is assigned to barriers which met the crash rating standards with a vehicle traveling at 50 mph.
These test ratings have been used since 2000.
The crash ratings of fences and gates are usually determined by their cable and/or steel beam reinforcements, while other barriers achieve their ratings with enhanced materials and foundations. Our professionals can work with you to decide on what level K-rating you need for your New Jersey property, and we can also handle every aspect of the installation and any repairs or maintenance services you may need for your crash rated barrier.
Crash Rated Barriers Materials
- Metal: cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, and bronze are all common and highly-effective materials.
- Reinforced Concrete: this can be either cast-in-place or precast and will usually incorporate steel reinforcements.
- Other Materials: some other materials include natural stone, wood, and industrial-grade plastics like high density polyethylene.
Crash Rated vs. Engineer Rated Barriers
While crash-rated barriers have been crash tested and certified by a third-party crash test facility, engineer-rated barriers have been designed and analyzed with computers, but not crashed or certified to DOS specifications.
Engineer-rated barriers are rated based on empirical data received from the results of crash-rated systems, and they also use computer simulations which can mimic variations of a crash test. Engineer-rated systems can also be virtually tested for many site-specific conditions, which gives them one advantage over crash-rated barriers. These simulated tests have been accepted as a way to enhance test realism and replication, and engineer-rated barriers are often an excellent choice for property owners in New Jersey.
Our New Jersey Crash Barriers Provides These Detailed Services
- Crash Rated Barriers
- Crash Barriers
- Safety Barriers
- Traffic Barriers
- Safety Bollards
- Barrier Gates
- Road Barriers
- Concrete Barriers
- Driveway Barrier
- Crash Barriers in New Jersey
- New Jersey Crash Barriers
Benefits of Automated Gates in New JerseyIf you're considering adding a gate to your New Jersey property, making it automated can be extremely beneficial. Likewise, you can get the same benefits from converting your existing gate to an automated one.
How Important are Safety Devices for Automatic GatesWhen you're installing an automatic gate in New Jersey, you'll need to consider what kinds of safety appliances you want to add to the gate's features.